View Single Post
Old Thursday, February 23, 2017
41st CTP (OMG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2012 Merit 131

aminshah101 has a spectacular aura aboutaminshah101 has a spectacular aura aboutaminshah101 has a spectacular aura about
Default Business Administration Paper 2017

FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION - 2017
FOR RECRUITMENT TO POST IN BS - 17
UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT

BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION

TIME ALLOWED: THREE HOURS
PART - I (MCQs): MAXIMUM 30 MINUTES
PART - I (MCQs): MAXIMUM MARKS = 20
PART - II MAXIMUM MARKS = 80

NOTE:
(i) Part - II is to be attempted on the separate Answer Book.
(ii) Attempt ONLY FOUR questions from PART - II. ALL questions carry EQUAL marks.
(iii) All the parts (if any) of each Question must be attempted at one place instead of at different places.
(iv) Candidate must write Q. No. in the Answer Book in Accordance with Q. No. in the Q. Paper.
(v) No Page / Space be left blank between the answers. All the blank pages of Answer Book must be crossed.
(vi) Extra attempt of any question or any part of the attempted question will not be considered.
(vii) Use of calculator is allowed.

PART - II
Q.2 What does a company need to do to achieve strategic fit between the supply chain and competitive strategies?

Q.3 Describe how marketing strategies change during product life cycle. Also identify and discuss some potential problems with the product life cycle.

Q. 4 There are several basic techniques managers use for appraising the performance of employees. Discuss these techniques.

Q.5 A manager who really wants to approach a decision rationally and logically should try to follow the steps in rational decision making. Discuss these steps with examples.

Q.6 (a) A successful strategy requires determining the firm's Critical Success Factors (CSF) and core competencies. Discuss how a manager of pharmaceutical firm can align core competencies with CSF.
(b) How an operation manager can manage demand of a product in the light of available capacity?

Q.7 The following data relates to ABC Company

Find and interpret the company's
(i) Current ratio
(ii) Quick ratio
(iii) Average collection period
(iv) Time interest earned
(v) Inventory turn over

Q.8 Discuss the three common capital budgeting decision techniques with examples and formulas.
Faiza Rajput (Thursday, February 23, 2017), fawadhash (Thursday, February 23, 2017), musmanhussain (Thursday, February 23, 2017)