View Single Post
Old Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Awesum Farhan is on a distinguished road

Well, after going through this thread, i'll have to admit that 95% people didn't comprehend the the precis. Most of them have written such funny titles e.g. "Haste makes waste" and "In defence of Laziness". I am sorry for this but i could not restrain myself giving my views. The Precis was not in defence of laziness nor it was about doing things slowly. The writter was saying that whatever is happening in world is due to those people who are doing things but do not know what to do and what not to do. Read the first sentence:

"All the evil in this world is brought about by persons who are always up and doing, but do not know when they ought to be up and nor what they ought to be doing"

Now read the sixth sentence:

"There is still plenty of energy in the world(there never were more fussy people about), but most of it is simply misdirected."

Again read the second last line:

"Thus, every now and then, certain religious sects hold conferences; but though there are evils abroad that are mountains high, though the fate of civilization is still doubtful, the members who attend these conferences spend their time condemning the length of ladies' skirts and the noisiness of dance bands."

So the main contention of the author was that people are not doing what they are supposed to do. And he adds, such people if do nothing then we will be happier than our current situation.

My precis title was:
"Misdirected Human Energies"

Regards.
Farhan Kaif (Saturday, December 16, 2017), hzk17 (Monday, February 05, 2018), sanas (Wednesday, March 15, 2017)