View Single Post
Old Saturday, March 18, 2017

Ana Noor is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent X View Post
I have a mixed feeling with regards to my interview experience. However, I will leave it for you guys to give your feedback on it.

I entered the room and greeted everyone with a loud voice "Assalamoalaikum"

Interviewer1: Wsalam. Have a seat. Introduce yourself?

Me: Sir my name is *****. I have pursued a masters degree in HRM at **** university in the UK. I have strong interpersonal skills and I'm adaptable to any kind of environment. I used to work in HR department at a telecommunication multinational however I nowadays am freelancing to manage my finances.

Interviewer1: What do you write about?

Me: Sir I mainly get projects from students studying in Western universities.

Interviewer2 (Sitting next to the main interviewer): So you write essays from them? (With a grim on this face)

Me: I smiled and answered yes sir most of the times.

Interviewer1: What is the purpose of HR department in any organization?

Me: The main objective of HR department of any organization is to gain commitment of an employee. A committed workforce maximizes the output.

Interviewer1: How HR in Pakistan is different from HR in the UK?

Me: Sir HR in the UK is a bit strategic while HR in Pakistan is in developing stage. HR in Pakistan is more focused on administrative side of HRM. HR departments in the West creates such an environment for an employee that the employee says "I will never leave this organization at any cost".

The interviewer repeated my last words with a bit of surprise "at any cost".

Interviewer1: How will you evaluate performancse of employees in NAB?

Me: Sir as far as I know NAB officials have key performance indicators to assess their performance. Moreover, the quality of investigation should be taken into consideration while assessing the performance of an employee.

Interviewer1: Will you leave NAB?

Me: No Sir absolutely not. It will be like a dream come true for me if I'm selected.

Interviewer1: Did you get scholarship for your studies in the UK?

Me: Sir I secured 3000 pounds scholarship for my masters program.

Interviewer1: Were 3000 pounds enough to pay your tuition fee?

Me: No sir. My father was financing my studies. 3000 pounds were good enough to manage my finances in the UK.

Interviewer1: Are you appearing for CSS?

Me: No Sir.

Interviewer1: Why?

Me: Sir I have crossed the age limit required to appear for CSS.

Interviewer1 surprising looked in the file and said: To saari umer parhayi kartay guzar gayi?

Me: I only smiled in reply.

Interviewer1: What do you think of 360 degree feedback?

Me. Sir it is pretty good. It has worked in the West for many organizations and produces fruitful results.

Interviewer1: Who is our largest trading partner?

Me: USA. (Actually it is China)

Interviewer surprised by my answer asked what do we trade a lot with US?

Me: I mistakenly said "Aid".

Interviewer1: Do you consider aid to be trading?

Me: No sir.

Interviewer1: What do we export to US?

Me: Sir textile products, sports equipment.

Interviewer1: And what do we import?

Me: Electronic equipment, medicines.

Interviewer1: Tell me something about Pak-US relations?

Me: Sir it has always been a one sided engagement. US has used Pakistan for its own benefits be it the cold war, afghan war or war on terror.

Interviewer1: So why did Pakistan agree to be a part of afghan war?

Me: Sir there was a concern in security quarters regarding the expansion policy of Soviet Union.

Interviewer1: So Pakistan had its own interests as well?

Me: Yes sir. But after US achieved its objectives, it left Pakistan on its own and did not take part in rehabilitating the militants. What happened was that anti-pakistan forces used those militants against Pakistan in the form of TTP.

Interviewer1: I have a problem with this word militants.

Me: Oh Sorry sir Mujahideen turned militants.

Interviewer nodded his head in agreement.

Interviewer1: Are Afghans justified to believe that Pakistan destroyed their country?

Me: I was a bit confused hearing this. I replied sir Afghanistan was the only country who did not recognize Pakistan. Pakistan have bore the brunt due to Afghan war and war on terror in the shape of refugees. (I don't remember what I said next)

He asked me about some theory which I didn't know so I said Sorry sir.

Interviewer2: How are your computer skills?

Me: My computer skills are good. I'm well versed with MS Office.

Interviewer1: Will you only work in HR department?

Me: I will work in any department I'm assigned to. I believe management will benefit me in every section of the organization.

Interviewer3: What is the difference between Operations Management and HR Manager? Who works under who?

Me: Sir operations is also a part of HR. Operational HR management includeds induction, exit management and dealing with day to day queries of employees.

Interviewer3: Who is more responsible for gaining the commitment of employees? Operational HR or Strategic HR?

Me: Strategic HR. Operations do play their part however strategic HRM holds more responsibility.

Interviewer3 looked at Interviewer1 and said "buss sahi hai".

Interviewer1: You may go.

Me: Pleasure meeting you all Sir.

Assalam O Alaikum!! I would say "interview at its best" it seems they were quite involved/interested in ur interview!!
From my side you r selected!! And definitely u would be,In sha ALLAH!!
👍😊 Best Of Luck!! 😊😊
The Following User Says Thank You to Ana Noor For This Useful Post:
Agent X (Sunday, March 19, 2017)