Thread: PSP Benefits
View Single Post
Old Wednesday, September 24, 2008
35th Common
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason:

tahirauf is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by anwaartheravian
Dear Mr. Tahir,
I want to know that if after your allocation in PSP and training period you want to go for Ph.d in criminology. Upto what extent the government support such a candidate (e.g. in with-pay leaves, monetry funding and securing admission in any foriegn universities)?. Secondly, is there any institute in Pakistan that offers such degrees in criminology, or any other foriegn institute from which this kind of degree could be obtained while not leaving Pakistan?. Thirdly, how much does such studies of your relevent profession helps you?(esp. in getting fast promotions).
I'll wait for your reply
Regards
Well...As far as foreign Universities are concerned I do'nt have any idea except Oxford,getting a degree without leaving pakistan...i do'nt think it is possible.

You have to arrange your admission yourself in the foreign university, then apply through proper channel for leave,you will most of the cases get the study leave...during your stay in other country u'll get around 70-90 k's + your pakistani salary will be credited to your account (in pak) as usual.

In pakistan no such degree is offered,only PU recently started awarding BSc(Crime) degree to STP pass students.

This will not help you getting fast promotions..rather it will help you getting promotion in time (out of promotions are banned)

Regards,