View Single Post
Old Friday, March 24, 2017

waheed99 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomkhan View Post
Dear Sabir sb,

You're one inspiring user on the forum apparently. I have a few questions that I have been wanting to ask for a long time. And I think you are the only person that can properly answer those questions.

As background, I'm 28, from KP, and I have over 7 years of experience in the ICT industry. I am well known and well connected in my industry here and also in the social development sector related to technology. Im somewhere in the middle of middle to senior management. There is good money but it doesn't attract me for some reason, not as much as authority does.

3 years ago I specialized in cybersecurity and have worked with the defense on the side in matters of offensive security, and for that reason it has been a dream to join FIAs cyber nr3c. But unfortunately, FIA has always inducted on the basis of Pakistan affairs and abstract knowledge, which has been frustrating.

So my first question, is there any way I can join nr3c without having to study Pakistan history and all that you have recommended? Or does nr3c induct from the same positions announced by fpsc for generic ADs?

Secondly, I'm also very attracted to 'isi', and I wanted to ask you if you'd recommend that to me, and if you've ever personally ever wanted to join to isi? Would you still prefer isi over fia?

The dilemma is, I don't want to regret, either way, if I take a year off my work right now, to properly study for isi/fia/ib, but would it be worth it? Are my expectations too ambitious and will my expectations hurt me, years later when I've joined intel orgs? And then to leave those organizations later to waste these crucial years of my life, like some very competent users like Raz leaving isi and paying against the bond financially, but still yearning to go to CSS instead?

This thought of joining a job with nuisance value intermittently bothers me from time to time and I hope you can help me with deciding, and I hope I can finally get some closure to this thought.

I presume that you're employed by the FIA and so I've asked these questions. Moreover, in a recent test for isi, I failed the screening test by 3 marks (out of 200), because I probably got all Pakistan history questions wrong. But I know that I can cover all of that from your recommendations but the question again is, is it worth a years dedication and study versus what I'm doing now?

I would prefer to discuss more but preferably over email. My email address is in my account.

Thanks much Sabir Sb, if you've read this far then your name certainly suits you haha. JazakAllah
Same question regarding preparation from my side too. Bro please share the valuable suggestions here also so that everybody can take benefit, JAZAKALLAH
The Following User Says Thank You to waheed99 For This Useful Post:
Maroon Beret (Monday, March 27, 2017)