View Single Post
Old Wednesday, May 03, 2017
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2008

trotsky59 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky the limit View Post
Sir the way that you enlightened us is commendable .It will really help us and other aspiratns too.
Yes sir ,I strongly agreed with your opinion that many students are misguided .This is why ,our real talent is diminshing unfortunately.
please elaborate sir 2) Memorize that material as a passive receptive reader without critically reading it.
sir power of expression also matters which mostly aspirants fail to produce thier thoughts in english. Thnakyou so muc sir
Regards
Yes i have noticed that the method of number of CSS candidates is faulty. when they read any text they just underline few facts and figure and note down them. they are unable to conceptualize that text. For example their is a heading in news paper " Army killed 15 Terrorists". Their is a certain foregrounding in this heading and a perspective hidden in the text. Actually this headline is not based on proposition of fact. It represents the perspective of Pakistani State. Usually we do not question those perspectives with which we agree but, if the same news was published by a Jehadi organisation it would have been " Enemies of Islam martyred 15 Mujaheddin". In this way a text can be interpretative in number of ways. Essay paper of 2017 was the most easiest paper i have come across but when i read few threads on this CSS forum about the Essay paper of 2017 my heart just melted. Unfortunately CSS aspirants are not taught how to engage in any discourse, they are unable to deconstruct the very basic concepts of Modernity, Literature, Feminism etc.For example you can interpret Modernity in several ways. You can say Technology is modernity, Urbanization is Modernity, Globalization is Modernity, Democracy is Modernity. OR poetry is Literature, Drama is Literature, Holy scriptures are literature, News papers are Literature Examiner does not want from you some sort of "True" answers. He wants you to interpret by your own way. All this is know as EXPOSITION,the basic pillar of discourse. How could you pass CSS essay paper when you don't know what is Exposition and how to apply it. Most of the student start by repeating the main Claim by writing " Yes Modernity is an unending process" Why do you imitate the wording of the claim? Where is your mind. You start you essay with imitation rather than interpretation of the claim. So it is necessary to prepare essay paper by reading as an active analytical reader. I will write in detail on the method of active analytical reading in few days.For further detail you can google Critical Reading.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to trotsky59 For This Useful Post:
Here2Learn (Thursday, May 04, 2017), Raheel Mughal (Friday, December 14, 2018), sky the limit (Thursday, May 04, 2017)