View Single Post
Old Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Administrator

Thanked 1,084 Times in 209 Posts
Leonidas has much to be proud ofLeonidas has much to be proud ofLeonidas has much to be proud ofLeonidas has much to be proud ofLeonidas has much to be proud ofLeonidas has much to be proud ofLeonidas has much to be proud ofLeonidas has much to be proud ofLeonidas has much to be proud of

This is not meant to be a hostile reaction, but I must say it is so discouraging when I see posts like these or when I see ppl have the nerves to slap you in the face instead of appreciating the efforts to keep this FREE resource alive. Do you really want to know why the forum goes down time to time? Will you be willing to pay $300+ monthly server bills for the $50-$70 google advertisement revenue in return? Does that sound a bigger better deal? OR let’s put it this way… Did anyone bother to spare a buck to donate when the donation button was placed on this site for more than 2 months? Will you be willing to pay a membership subscription fee to receive all the study material and support available on cssforum? I guess not everyone will like this idea.. BECAUSE we want every thing for FREE and we won’t hesitate to make a big hole in the plate after we are done eating.

I am sorry for being harsh but I couldn’t resist. This forum was started years back hoping that it will help the css aspirants and till now it severed the purpose well. Since the traffic is growing day by day and the resources are limited, we don’t have a choice to put the site offline to avoid the poor server from crashing and rebooting over and over. There definitely are better and faster servers available but they would cost around $400-$500/month and considering the circumstances, we are no longer in a position to bare those expenses from our own pockets especially after having received such encouraging messages from members.
AFRMS (Tuesday, October 21, 2008), Cant think straight (Friday, October 24, 2008), Last Island (Tuesday, October 21, 2008), Mumtaz Hayat Maneka (Tuesday, October 21, 2008), Noman (Sunday, November 09, 2008), Predator (Tuesday, October 21, 2008), Surmount (Friday, October 24, 2008), Waseem Riaz Khan (Sunday, November 16, 2008)