View Single Post
Old Thursday, June 29, 2017

Anum Zara is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aime View Post
Dear Anum, I posted a detailed reply but I'll once again post it here so you may solve my queries please.

Firstly, I wish you best of luck and hope may Allah give you success ameen.

My list of questions;

1. I dont qualify for any age relaxation other than joining gov service asap and attaining another attempt. I saw you commented on everything just not this, is it that you think i'm being unrealistic? or you think it's not possible? ( i have posted in one of the threads regarding age relaxation and saw your last post there. If you see it please do reply here or maybe there, whatever suits)

2. I realize gov job is a better option for anyone and therefore hoping Allah will help me out in sha Allah on this matter. Present job is not giving any leave hence I got to quit.

3. As for the academy, I have not joined any academy but I intend to do so in July. I want to attend the academy only for Current affairs/pak affairs, IR, IL, HUSA, what do you think? For english essay and precise il take private tutions. Other than this I have a few questions regarding joining the academy. Since I am short on time do you think joining academy is better or shall I sit home and do it on my own. I do admit i am at a point where Im really lost like where to start from, what to study, how to study and how to attempt papers and etc etc but then on the other hand my constraint wouldnt allow me to waste even a single day but i need your opinion on this. which way is more effective you think? Do you think academy can help speed up the learning process and put me to routine of covering syllabus in shorter period of time rather me doing it on my own? Please pour in your comments.

4. You have mentioned, 'I do not have notes since I am making mine in bullets or as outlines for exams. This is recommended practice and there is no need to waste time on making comprehensive notes ' I have read this almost everywhere on the forum. I need clarity on this.

a) Generally in the paki system we are used to making notes of a certain topic and write it as it is in the exam. For css I need to understand the approach with your help. Am I suppose to only clear my concepts of every topic and rest write it all in my own words in the exam? Does it work like this or I need to write bookish stuff and that too very formal ?

b)Outline means, for example a topic which has all the relevant headings/points are noted and later I consult these headings/bullets while I rewrite my concepts by elaborating on the headings?

c) Is it possible if i make my own notes of each specific topic like in detail and then write them as it is in the paper?

5. For english essay I have seen most of you all saying everyday practice is needed, besides past papers thats it, is it? for grammer and all i need to learn words etc which i'll do so on daily basis

6. For the rest the subjects books you have recommended is all i need therefore i'll buy these asap in sha Allah.

7. Anum I have one more question. I know I need to isolate myself completely now and just study but i something I feel I should discuss here. This forum has alot to offer in terms of knowledge, awareness etc. My question may sound silly but you know once you open the forum its like you want to read it the entire day since theres so much of useful stuff. I just want to know what exactly should i consult from this forum so Im good to go. Like when to stop ? I hope your getting me. Im asking this because every thread is worth reading but I want to stop this habit and just switch now. Yani jitni malumaat honi thi bas hogae and that it i should quit it. (im sorry thats the best way i can explain my question hope you got me).

I am extremely thankful and obliged
JazahkAllah
for your wishes

1- This query is replied in another thread.

2- Yes Govt. jobs are better. I think you have made up your mind about CSS. So, only focus on that now. Forget about anything else at the moment.

3- I think academy can help you better for C.A, P.A, IL, IR and US. history. You should join academy then and take help. For English private coaching is better if you can get otherwise academy can help you. Focus on learning essay, precis etc. Yes I think academy can speed up process for you. Only take classes which are beneficial and quit rest of them. For attempting papers I can guide you but first get help from academy as they are professional.

4-That means that you do not have to write a complete question by gathering material from all the sources. While preparing a question just note down its outlines like usually in questions we have intro, definition, headings, conclusion etc. So, only write titles as in exams it is impossible to read entire question and one can only revise headings.

a) No need of cramming you can totally reproduce after making concepts and gathering facts and figures. Only certain things are needed to be memorized like definitions and their references, facts, figures, maps etc. Rest in general subjects one can totally reproduce material in exam in her own words. It is even more credible.

b) Yes outline means all the headings. You can write definition or 2,3 points under introduction heading in these notes. Then write all headings you have prepared. At the end conclusion. You can add 2,3 main summarized bullet points under that too. Mostly in outlines you write headings in a way which can give you a hint about material which you are suppose to write under it. In exams just revise these outlines. I do not think there is time to write full questions. Give comprehensive reading in months and prepare outlines in this duration. Consult past papers. After that 1,2 revisions. Outlines are for exams and may help you in revision.
c) Time is short so a big no for comprehensive notes

5- 1 essay, precis, comprehension and translation paragraph per week not on daily basis. Yes lists are needed to be memorized. First get grip on grammar so that you can move forward but start lists right now.

6- Yes books suggested by me are more than enough. Only consult them and do not waste your time and money on other books. Also if you buy too many you will get confused.

7- No doubt forum is very helpful and have tons of knowledge. You can go through daily threads and it hardly takes 5-10 minutes. Only pay attention to ones which are useful for exams for example articles etc I am also going to quit using the forum actively in 1 week. I will remain a silent observer for some stuff. You should also quit reading it all day. Just view the posts once a daily. Read only relevant ones. Do not go searching for more and more posts. I have already told you about all the books except Pushto. Consult someone for that. Focus on self study as you do not have much time left. Try to make best out of it. I have provided you with enough information which was gathered by forum and also my experience. Rest you can get guidance from me on email. Academy will also help you. So, start studying. Otherwise distractions are too many.