View Single Post
Old Wednesday, July 05, 2017
45th CTP (PSP)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2016 - Merit 53

Sulehrix is on a distinguished road

I have opted this subject twice, scored extremely good marks in 2015 but my marks fell sharply in 2016 due to change in syllabus and grids and the fact that I prepared it in one day.

I have a very strong CA background, but the effort required to secure good marks in Accounting should not be undertaken lightly, otherwise you will forego an excellent opportunity of securing high marks in this subject.

Quote:
Originally Posted by husseych View Post
well I am not senior here, but still giving my opinion about your issue being related to this subject.

first of all, very few people opt for this subject, the reason being that it is very technical subject and only those with sound background of it should opt it .
Secondly people say it is highly scoring subject but I have seen the normal marks trend i.e from 80,85 to 140 most of the times.
I personally believe that it can be really high scoring that is why it is among optional subjects of mine .
Moreover, it doesn't matter if it covers 5 different inter related fields, if you have background ,I would advice you to go for it .
I don't know how you are related to this subject, I mean CA,ACCA,MBA etc but I find the syllabus of A&A very easy. Most questions are straightforward. In short if you have had good grip in the past then you must go for it .

and all other subjects mentioned by you too have good scoring trend. I would advice you to consider mercantile law as well as you might have studied it before