View Single Post
Old Saturday, September 16, 2017
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2017 - Roll no. 16770

fawadhash is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetiktik View Post
Is there any role of examination centre?

For example, I have heard from some reputable sources i.e. teachers and CSP’s that taking the exam from a rural or backward centre (Larkana, DG Khan, Sukkur, Bahawalpur, Okara etc.) can provide good marks. Because they are backward centres and usually students have not prepared up to the mark if compared with candidates from Lahore or Karachi. Examiner check copies with leniency. But in Lahore, examiner checks strictly. If a candidate preparing from Lahore appears at these centres will get more marks than at Lahore.
Thank you.
Examination centers don't have any role. I am sure reputable sources are not giving you accurate information as there are no rural or backward centers. CSS centers are created at at-least division level. Divisions can't be considered backward or rural. In order to level playing field for disadvantaged people there is a quota system for women, minorities and for provinces.
From what I have heard, paper checkers are not aware of the student or any details about the student whose paper they are checking.
So, if anything, mood of checker might play more role in award of marks than the center. Praying that checker doesn't get into an argument with his/her spouse before checking the paper might play more role in securing good marks than choice of center