View Single Post
Old Wednesday, October 11, 2017

EarlGrey is on a distinguished road

Dear Khal,

I will reply to your question because I am in a somewhat similar situation. I have actually started preparation about a year ago but suddenly I stopped and the reason was a wrong idea conveyed by some people around us. Even though I haven't removed CSS as a career choice yet but I am stuck like you, should I move ahead with MS Computer Science and programming job ( I really love computers and programming but when something turns into a full time job, I start to hate it.)

The wrong idea is "CSS has got great future with no hectic tasks etc." I was lucky to attend a lecture by a respected CSP officer. I know I can clear CSS with very good marks but the only question in my mind was "How is the life after you have become a CSP officer"? He said, "CSS is good and there are good perks and somewhat normal salary but IS KE LIAY JITNA DEEMAGH KHAPANA PARTA HAI. There is too much pressure. You have to handle so many people. You can hardly give time to your family."

His point hit me, it hit me very hard and I stopped preparing for CSS that time.

People around us who support your assertion are mostly students like us and I truly appreciate their response but that just isn't the truth. And the one who saw or heard that their uncles are living a great life as CSP officer should know that most of pretend to be very well in front of our family when we are going through misery.

But still my mind says not to scrap the idea. That is because of age limit. I have complete 3 tries and I can do it. But why? May be because we the people have no job security in private sector. I don't even know what happens to a software engineer after 25 years, may be still implementing and monitoring the software development life cycle as a senior software engineer.

I think the stuff i said above is probably not going to help you with your decision but will push you into further chaos. I am sorry but that is the reality of life.

Let me know your thoughts and do not forget to inform me about your decision if you are going with CSS or not. May be I do the same.