View Single Post
Old Friday, October 20, 2017

asadshabbir is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Subject Selection and Preparation in Four Months

Greetings,

I am a LUMS grad, who has recently left all ongoing commitments to study for and prepare for CE-2018. I would like to pose two questions and would be delighted to welcome all feedback.

Question 1:
While there has been a fair amount of encouraging and discouraging response in real life, I would still like to obtain a response from a wider audience. Is it too late to begin preparation at this time. Roughly four months left.

I understand that this question is vague and it depends on the commitment and current base. I am above average when it comes to being informed on current affairs and generally have a thin base over all my optional subjects. I have never studied Islamiyat and would be focusing on that during my preparation.

I am not one to speculate and make assumptions and blindly follow scoring trends but I have adjusted for those aspects while choosing my subjects. I am a fresh graduate so I have not left my study habits and aim to dedicating every waking minute to preparing.

Question 2:

As someone who is attempting CSS for the first time, I went for subjects which I have not necessarily studied before in great details but subjects which I find interesting and are relatively scoring. They are:

International Relations (200)
Public Administration (100)
History of USA (100)
International Law (100)
Sociology (100)

I have no experience studying Sociology but feel fairly confident that it should be an interesting subject.

Thank you very much and I hope that other aspirants who are also starting their preparation now can use this thread to motivate themselves, knowing that they are not alone.

Cheers
The Following User Says Thank You to asadshabbir For This Useful Post:
étoile brillante (Monday, June 25, 2018)