View Single Post
Old Saturday, November 04, 2017

ThroneDeserter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIshfaq View Post
hello everyone, there have been a lot of posts about the books that one can use for preparation of Pakistan Affairs but i don't yet have a clear idea about which book should i choose, i have read "Pakistan beyond the crisis state" which is a very good read but i don't think that it is designed for PA course but it is a good book for opinion building. Now since i have read a few posts i am consulting a "Pakistan Affairs by Ikram Rabbani" and a book by "I H Qureshi", there is also a book named "Making sense of Pakistans" which is in the recommended books by the FPSC but if the seniors can please help and tell me what other books should i have or read (I do read regular news paper and current affairs to keep myself updated) but if someone would kindly recommend any other books on PA i would be very thankful.
Thank you
I know you want the "best there is" for your studies, thing is no such book exists. It might sound strange but hear me out: it doesn't matter which book you prepare from as long as you are covering the whole syllabus. Instead of getting prescribed books (which only contain two or three topics from syllabus) get books specially designed to cover all the syllabus.

CSS is not about the books you choose, it is about what you do with the knowledge you have - irrespective of where you got it from.