View Single Post
Old Saturday, January 20, 2018

Farooq baloch is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morata View Post
Asaalamalikum. I will be very greatful to those who will guide me how to start preparing for this exam. Which books will be helpful?
I am confused about optional subjects. Which ones are the beat and easy? Thank you to whoever responds.

Dear fellows ! There prevails an ambiguity among the fresh aspirants as how to start the preparation for PCS. And the aspirants keep on wasting time in the quest of knowing the initial steps and do not take the right initiatives. Here I am going to share my personal experience with the intention of helping the new aspirants.
After having decided firmly to go for pcs and having made up mind to invest time and energy in this exam , the first step one has to take is to decide the optional subjects. Selection of an effective and a sound subject combination is one of the most important rungs in the ladder to success in this prestigious competitive exam. While finalizing the combination , one has to consider the following factors :
One's Academic Background.
One's Aptitude and Interests.
The scoring trend.
After having selected a better combination of the optional subjects , one needs to search for effective and standard books , notes and relevant study material for the preparation of both elective and compulsory subjects.
Now when this step also has been taken , one thinks as from where to take the start.
Well my personal experience suggests that one should start from both optional and compulsory subjects simultaneously. Set your time table in a way that you can give time to both of these.
Secondly , PCS is more the exam of better English Expression. Not only there is a papers of English but in all other papers sound English expression , speaks volume for one's maturity to attract the examiner. Therefore, improvement of English Languge expression and preparation of English as subject for your pcs , needs to be given time on daily basis.
Reading English newspaper , preferably Dawn, necessarily needs to be made a habit. Not only it would bring improvement in English expression but also will equip you with knowledge and material regarding current happenings which would be extremely helpful for the preparation of C.A a portion of GK paper.
Moreover, I would also advocate another thing. I believe , the PCS aspirants should start from the easier subjects.
In this regard from compulsory subjects one can start from Islamyat or Pak affairs . The reason is very simple that we all have the basic knowledge of both of these subjects. And we feel quite comfortable while preparing those things with which we already have familiarity. However English and GK must be in your plan on daily basis.
Regards.