View Single Post
Old Friday, February 16, 2018

Anum Zara is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noormah Khan View Post
Asalam o alaikum
Anum can you tell us the minimum length of a 5 marks question for tomorrow's paper?

P.s I wanted to ask if a single word interpretation goes wrong in translation, would it result to zero ? Also if all your comprehension is answered well, would they still deduct marks ?
Wa Alaikum Salaam...!
If it is a single word in any one of the sentences, chances are that they will only deduct 1-2 marks but if word was the theme of the passage and was repeatedly used in the passage, examiner can award zero marks. It totally depends upon examiner and his instructions.
Yes, they will deduct marks even if your answers are cent percent accurate. I think he awards 15-16 as highest marks because generally we see low scores in this subject.

About paper of general science and ability, if paper setter has followed pattern of last year, he will give 4 notes of 5 marks each in all questions. Since we only have maximum 35 minutes for each question and mathematical questions takes usually more time, I will advise you to keep length of your each note between 1.5-2 sides of paper. In case one writes in a turtle speed, he or she can write 1.25 sides of paper due to shortage of time in order to complete his or her paper on time. One should try to write as much as he or she can but in allotted time for each question. There are others ways to fill the sheet. I hope you have got my point.
Forget about previous 2 papers now and focus on coming ones. Stay tension free and just relax what we have done cannot be changed. Prayer can create a difference now.