View Single Post
Old Sunday, March 11, 2018

Anum Zara is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by saniam View Post
Topic Statement: Global Warming is the greatest threat to the planet Earth due to man's activities, however it is not a lost cause unless and until desperate measures are taken to prevent it.

Outline:
1. Introduction

2. Global Warming
2.1. Threats
a. GHG
b. Ozone layer depletion
c. Acid rain, smog etc
c. Snowcaps melting and floods
d. Destruction of natural habitats
e. Ecosystem anamolies (coral reefs)
(Cant remember rest, there were 7-8 points total)
2.2. Causes
a. Carbon emissions
b. Pollution (wrote 3 paras on each type)
c. Environmental Hazards
(Completely forgot to mention deforestation)

3. Counter Measures taken by the World
3.1. Kyoto Protocol
3.2. Montreal Protocol
3.3. Paris Accord
3.4. Global Awareness Campaigns
3.5. David Attenborough famous documentaries

4. Measures Required
4.1. Action based strategies
4.2. Immediate policy implementations on Environment Protection
4.3. Participation of all stakeholders

5. Pakistan (among top 10 countries influenced by Global Warming and Climate change)

6. Conclusion

I also mentioned that ozone layer is repairing itself as evident through latest research, however it should not be considered a sign of victory - humanity is a long way from saving the planet earth from Global Warming. I could not remember a single quote or reference, so I wrote none. My essay was almost 2000-2100 words, I could not write more than that, as I was worried that conclusion might be left out if I prolonged the essay to increase word count.

Please share your comments and pointers, I dont have any space for improvement as it was my final attempt. Nonetheless, feedback is welcomed. Also share your essay outline or general ideas.
I cannot comment on your introduction as you have only written thesis statement but as pointed by Saddam, global warming is caused by both anthropological as well as natural reasons. Other sentences in your introduction might have got it covered.
About outline, your points are not self explanatory. Most of the points are valid but it is not explained that how they are related to the topic. Ozone depletion, acid rain and smog are not due to global warming.
You have written threats above causes and I have done the same since main topic was about threats and ways to counter them. I have also included causes.