View Single Post
Old Thursday, April 05, 2018

asifahmed is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmazari View Post
Many thanks Asif for your insightful reply, much appreciated. It gives me some comfort that others like yourself who are CAs have opted for subjects aligned to their qualifications.

Having seen your other posts, your DMC demonstrates you secured solid marks in all subjects. Had it not been for English, you would have crossed the line! Would you mind please elaborating on your strategy for your optional subjects i.e how you prepared for them, what books you used and how much time it roughly took you?
In last attempt, I started from zero and it took main approx 5 months foolproof serious study as whole. I had given wee time to accounts because of the backgroud ofcourse. I just solved few past papers in last days. Besides, business ad had also taken less time comparatively.
Prime focus was on other nonfamiliar subjects. Current affairs, essay can primarily be prepared from readings; in which JWT magezine is of prime importance. For rest of subjects i followed css specific books of renowned authers. These are enlisted

Essay ... readings JWT, news papers etc n practice
GSA ... mian shafiq
Islamic studies.. karim dad
English... wren n martin
Pak affair... from notes
Current affairs... JWT mag
Accounts .. no any book
Business ad. JWT series book
Gender studies ... JWT book... but i will not recomment it bcz it was not that fruitful. There are other better books available in market.
Journalism... mostly from internet and some of it from a random book.. don't remember its author.
Mercantile law..
business law by khalid cheema (for contract act, neg instmnts,partnership)
Mercantile by advance publisher for remaining laws i-e company, competition act, others..

Hope that helps...

Sent from my SM-G850W using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to asifahmed For This Useful Post:
mmazari (Friday, April 06, 2018)