View Single Post
Old Sunday, July 15, 2018

Bakr is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by saniam View Post
Topic Statement: Global Warming is the greatest threat to the planet Earth due to man's activities, however it is not a lost cause unless and until desperate measures are taken to prevent it.

Outline:
1. Introduction

2. Global Warming
2.1. Threats
a. GHG
b. Ozone layer depletion
c. Acid rain, smog etc
c. Snowcaps melting and floods
d. Destruction of natural habitats
e. Ecosystem anamolies (coral reefs)
(Cant remember rest, there were 7-8 points total)
2.2. Causes
a. Carbon emissions
b. Pollution (wrote 3 paras on each type)
c. Environmental Hazards
(Completely forgot to mention deforestation)

3. Counter Measures taken by the World
3.1. Kyoto Protocol
3.2. Montreal Protocol
3.3. Paris Accord
3.4. Global Awareness Campaigns
3.5. David Attenborough famous documentaries

4. Measures Required
4.1. Action based strategies
4.2. Immediate policy implementations on Environment Protection
4.3. Participation of all stakeholders

5. Pakistan (among top 10 countries influenced by Global Warming and Climate change)

6. Conclusion

I also mentioned that ozone layer is repairing itself as evident through latest research, however it should not be considered a sign of victory - humanity is a long way from saving the planet earth from Global Warming. I could not remember a single quote or reference, so I wrote none. My essay was almost 2000-2100 words, I could not write more than that, as I was worried that conclusion might be left out if I prolonged the essay to increase word count.

Please share your comments and pointers, I dont have any space for improvement as it was my final attempt. Nonetheless, feedback is welcomed. Also share your essay outline or general ideas.
This was an expository topic in which there is not much to deduct when the facts are stated the way they are. Although I am not an expert but in my opinion you have produced a comprehensive and relevant outline. About causes and stuff, it all depends how you related them (which is an art). All the best!

Additional note: I think “greatest” carries the correct connotation for this topic and yes its humans who quadrupled the GW after industrialization. Natural weather has had minimal effect in comparison.