General Knowledge including EDS 2009
Balochistan Public Service Commission
Q-I. Write note on any Two of the following: (20)
Samungli Road, Quetta Cantt.
COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION FOR THE POST(s) OF BCS (EB) OFFICER B-17 / SECTION OFFICER
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE INCLUDING EVERY DAY SCIENCE
Total Marks: 100...........Tuesday, January 27, 2009...........Time Allowed: 03 Hours
Q-II. Answer any Ten of the following questions: (20)
- Gaza Truce
- Energy Crunch- It solution
- Global Financial Crisis
- Is American hegemony on the decline?
- Politics- “a rough and tumble business”.
Q-III. Write meaning of any Ten of the following Terms: (10)
- What causes earthquakes?
- What is galaxy?
- Where is the deepest ocean and how deep?
- What is tornado?
- Where are the World’s Rains Forests?
- What is an anemometer?
- How does photosynthesis work?
- What is paleontology?
- What are scavengers?
- What is a barograph?
- Which are the smallest plants?
- How far away is the Sun from the Earth?
- How many vertebrae does a giraffe have?
- How much of the Earth’s surface is covered by Sea?
- What was the first living creature to travel in space?
Q-IV. Identify any Ten of the following: (10)
- Iron Curtain
Q-V. Why are the following in the news? Attempt any Ten: (10)
- Dr. R.K. Pachauri
- Lloyd’s of London
- John Atta-Mills
- Martin Luther Kings
- Velupillai Prabhakaran
- Samuel P. Huntington
- Laurel and Hardy
- Siamese Twins
- Leonardo da Vinci
- D.H. Lawrence
Q-VI. The following foreign phrases are used in English. What do they mean? Any Ten: (10)
- Slum dog Millionaire
- Asma Jehangir
- Hudson River
Q-VII. What do these abbreviations stand for? What are their functions, if any? Any Ten: (10)
- Amicus Curiae
- Sub Poena
- Laissez Faire
- Langua Franca
- Non de plume
- Prima facie
Q-VIII. Write brief notes on geographical, historical, economic and strategic importance of any Five of the following: (10)
- Strait of Hormuz
- Yellow River
- Black Sea
- Dead Sea
- Gulf of Aqaba
- Strait of Malacca
- Kara Koram Range
No matter how fast i run or how far i go it wont escape me, pain, misery, emptiness.