View Single Post
Old Tuesday, September 11, 2018
PMS / PCS Award: Serving PMS / PCS (BS 17) officers are eligible only. - Issue reason: 2011 - Merit No. 96

GanXTeR is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisXIV View Post
So, I am not being to able to sleep because of my continuous flirtation with the errors that I made in Precis exam. Every passing day, as the result week draws closer, I am becoming excessively impatient, thinking only and only about my Precis exam.

So, following are the errors that I made:

1. My Precis title was not up to the mark. It was something like “Weather and Human Beings.”
2. I did my Precis in last half hour. My command of English language is good. I tried my best to deliver the most suitable Precis, of course. But I am not sure if I could pull it.
3. I translated “saqafat” and “sufi” as “civilization” and “ascetic” - which again I think is wrong. The right would be “culture” and “mystic”.
4. Almost 11 of my objective part questions were right.

The rest of my paper was fairly better.

Now my question is: Can a candidate with a bad Precis go on to pass the exam? Do you know of anyone who believed that he or she would fail a particular exam but went on to clear it?

I will be absolutely thankful if somebody answer my abov questions.
you wil get around 8 marks in precis and 4 marks in translation(due to wrong meaning of word , translation of sentence would be wrong and each sentence posseses one mark) . if your comprehesion and rest of the paper went well then dont worry.

you chances are still high. baki dua ki zarorat ha ab.
wish you best of luck
LouisXIV (Tuesday, September 11, 2018)