Thread: CSS obsession
View Single Post
Old Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Theodosius is on a distinguished road
Post CSS obsession

Being a finance guy I can, definitely, point out reasons behind value of anything. It is all in the concept of supply and demand. The things that are most sought for will have more value despite of their actual utility to us. For example, being CSP is most sought-after profession here in Pakistan and its utility, in my view, not worths the pain. Our society, unfortunately, give more respect to CSP than any other profession. Our society never acknowledges, in same way, the hard work of those doing private jobs and securing good positions and hardships of those who work abroad and help running this debt-burdened state by their remittances. All the undue attention of society make parents and students to fall into desire that I will name as CSS obsession.I am not against taking CSS. I am against the society that has made CSS an overrated and overvalued job. Now I think, it is high time that we recognize that our desire, of passing this exam, is to gain more acceptability,power and social status. Serving nation and people is just a formal word. No one works 2-3 years just in order to secure a job that gives one 45k monthly; obviously the ulteriors, as mentioned before, are of very personal nature. I think there is dire need of breaking this obsession.