View Single Post
Old Thursday, July 11, 2019

Obaidd is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irtezakhan View Post
I am a fresh graduate of software engineering from nust.
I have selected the following optional subjects
International relations
International law
Us history
Geography
Environmental sciences.
However, i am confused that whether i should opt for computer science instead of international relations or not?
If i opt for computer science then i might also consider changing other subjects.
International relations has its own benefits such as overlapping with international law, us history a bit, CA , pak affairs and it gives lots of material for essay. But it has proved itself to be low scoring in recent results.
Computer science on the other hand is high scoring and i have already studied its syllabus in my bachelors degree but it will not give me any advantage in preparing for other subjects.
Seniors kindly give sincere advice.

Hi,

I am not sure how much software engineering and computer science overlap. My guess would be that they do overlap quite a lot. However, I will talk here about the scoring potential of science subjects.

I think you may have a look at the DMC of the person who stood 4th in CSS 2018. He had 151 marks in CS and 173 in Physics. Even I scored 90 in Applied Maths and 73 in Statistics. My point is that if you know your subject well then you should go for it.

As far as IR is concerned, I think it is a very informative subject and it does help in Essay, C.A, P.A etc.

The choice is yours. Regards.