View Single Post
Old Saturday, July 20, 2019

Acidius is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by anzabb View Post
I don't think that you need an academy. In case of 2019 CSS exam, all the questions were something that the academies did not predict. I think that YouTube is a good source to get guidance. For your English essay you can follow this format: https://youtu.be/mhzlaHXHaK4.

For Vocab you can use Magoosh app.

For precis practice the books available in the market will work.

You can follow the precis and reading comprehension format from Wren and Martin.

There are a lot of GRE apps that will help you with English.

Then coming to Current Affairs, I think that reading dawn everyday will be sufficient along with Al Jazeera Inside Story and Zara Hat Key. I don't think that you need to do anything more than that. If you are appearing in IR then you can use Foreign Affairs magazine. Again remember that you don't need to read the whole of dawn, just thee 3 editorials.

For Pak affairs use the O level's Nigel Kelly and Geography books. Maleeha Lodhi's book. You should also use Pakistan at the Crossroads: Domestic Dynamics and External Pressures by Christophe Jaffrelot (you can find a copy at ebookhunter.ch). Economic survey of Pakistan. Do not use Akram rabbani's book. It has been copied from multiple sources. Use either Ayesha Jalal or Ian Talbot for post independence stuff.

Islamic Studies and GSA

I found this mostly rata and all the sources copied each other. I don't have any advice on them. Other than the fact that watch YT videos

For Isl, you need to memorize a lot f verses
Such a reply constitutes every and any thing an academy could provide as info/knowledge. Your post oozes with dedication and sincerity. MashaAllah, may the Lord grant you the best of the best.
P.S. for Islamiat, Dr. Haneedullah's introduction to Islam is an awesome book for reasonings and course corrections in/for your CSS-based Islamic mindset.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk
anzabb (Saturday, July 20, 2019), Waleed qadar (Sunday, July 21, 2019)