View Single Post
Old Monday, July 29, 2019

Cheetaa is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by aishalam View Post
My general approach to attempting any paper in CSS was first giving a quick read through of the questions and marking out the ones I knew best. I then created very rough outlines at the back of the answer sheet which looked more like mental maps if I'm being honest. They helped me keep my thoughts in order and ensured that i did not miss important points later on.

I can give you an example of what a rough outline of mine would look like. Example for the question "Public sector enterprises are white elephant for the economy." Discuss as how privatization can play a positive role to address this issue? (2015) I would make an outline at the back that looked somewhat like this;
  • What is privatization?
  • General Advantages?
    More competition, more efficiency, better services and quality, more incentive for innovation, lower prices, less corruption, removes red tape, more profit generation, meritorious appointments, removes short term goals (government officials look at next elections), reduction of public debt (selling non-profit public firms can help government reduce debt burden and also get rid of firms for which most of the debt was gotten)
  • Special portion on how specifically privatization helps remove "white elephant" enterprises (basically a rewording of the advantages)
  • White elephants in Pakistan and recommendations when it comes to privatization policies
  • Closing remarks

I added graphs, flowcharts and diagrams as often as I could. They give a visual aid and thought they are not allowed in the essay paper, they help your other papers stand out. Also I would recommend you keep the marks allocation in mind. Each question is 20 marks so don't waste time on the first question or two and compromise your latter ones. Try to stick to the point and be logical and analytical. I've not come across any resource that has solved economics past papers so i can't help you there but I hope the above gave you a general idea of how a social science question is approached. It's less theory and more practical.
Thanks for sharing your valuable thoughts.

I did not asked for just economics but all other subject's solved paper if you have any idea do share.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk