View Single Post
Old Sunday, August 18, 2019

Sidewinder is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by informer59 View Post
1. Is candidate medical fit it if his vision is less than 6/6 with glasses for the post of xyz engineering of flying officer rank? (If anyone has access to official documents regarding it, please share)
Yes. There is no official document for this but only the GD(P) branch requires 6/6 vision. You don't have to have 6/6 vision for the Engineering/Air Defense/IT branch.

Quote:
2. What is medical fitness criteria for the post of xyz engineering of flying officer rank? Please state details.
For the preliminary medicalx, they check your height, weight, chest, ENT. A candidate must not have flat feet/knocking knees/gynecomastia/anisometropia.
For the final medical (after ISSB), they check for the same in more details. Also, there are clinical tests for different diseases such as hepatitis.

Quote:
3. What are the steps of selection procedure for the post of xyz engineering of flying officer rank??
1) Initial test at I&SC. Intelligence (verbal + non verbal) and subject test. Both consist of MCQs and are computer based tests.
2) Preliminary medical at PAF I&SC.
3) Interview at I&SC. The interview is pretty generic and depth of subject knowledge is not checked.
Successful candidates are given the ISSB forms which they have to submit within a couple of days.
4) Candidates are then called for the ISSB.
5) Candidates recommended by the ISSB are called for the interview at AHQ. The panel consists of officers from your respective branch (e.g. engineering/IT/accounts) and they do test the candidate's subject knowledge.

Finally, a merit list is compiled and successful candidates are sent joining letters instructing them to report to PAF Academy Risalpur where they undergo training for 6 months.

PS: The above procedure if for Short Service Commission (SSC) and Special Purpose Short Service Commission (SPSSC). For permanent commission in GD(P)/AD/CAE, the procedure is slightly different.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sidewinder For This Useful Post:
informer59 (Monday, August 19, 2019)