View Single Post
Old Sunday, August 18, 2019

Acidius is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Please assess my answer -

Question: The Holy Prophet (PBUH) is the prophet of peace and security. Explain with arguments. (CSS 2018)

Arguments/points:
Peace-wise:
1- He preferred treaties to warring.
2- All wars were defensive and preceded by appeasement/diplomacy.
3- He was the prophet of a religion which appealed to logic, not coercion.
4- He led by role-model. Led from the front. (Wasn't having malafide intent, otherwise he would have stayed a good distance away from wars and life threatening situations)
5- Rejected the angel's offer at Taif to bring a mountain down on the people.
6- Account of Prophet's (PBUH) attitude towards the less privileged and sub-ordinates e.g. women, children, prisoners of war, defeated tribal cheifs; showing his magnanimity and chivalry. (Pointing towards Islam being peaceful during the most the dangerous times of war; one can thus well imagine how it is during non-war times)

Security-wise:
1- Stringent war rules. Imagine having rules for such a ruthless activity. This shows how much importance this prophet's religion attaches to security.
2- Inter-faith harmony and strict regard for minorities and other faiths.
3- Respect and regard for envoys and messengers
4- Jihad ordained as a means of securing rights of God and rights of His creation. (Islam is concerned about it's followers' due/rightful security)
5- Islam ordains and lays down rules for social security
6- Back-biting, plundering, lying and injustice severely shunned.
7- Despite pacifist approach of Islam, bravery and valor are ordained in Jihad where right of God involved.
8- Prohibition of breach of treaties (declaring war openly is mandatory, before any aggression)
9- A brief account of the disposition and attitude of the Prophet (PBUH) during non-war straitened/tough times e.g. while facing boycott, persecution in pre-Hijrat days and other non-war confrontations.

I have gathered this material from Hafiz Karim Dad Chugtai's Islamiat book mainly.
I would request you all to please point out whether these points are in line with the requirements of the question.
What did I miss out?
What does the material suggest? Did I grasp the question properly?
Does the question only demand the above points or also how Islam is peaceful for Muslims and those within its folds?
Any any any other criticism, suggestion, advice would be deeply appreciated!