Hi.

The following criteria is usually considered while selecting optional subjects:
1) Aptitude/background/comfort
2) Interest
3) Scoring potential, which is a bit different from scoring trend
4) Availability of books/guidance
5) Syllabus volume
6) Overlap with other subjects

You may apply these criteria to your combination and judge for yourself.

My comment, based on what you have shared, would be to go ahead with AMaths and Stats. I have explained in this thread (check previous posts) why I recommend people with strong mathematical background to go for these subjects. However, remember that because of the numerical nature of these subjects there remains a risk of disaster.

History of Pak and Ind has been low scoring in the last few years and I expect it to remain low scoring in the coming years. The syllabus is quite vast but there is the advantage of some previous knowledge of the subject that most of us have.

I don’t know much about Philosophy as a subject in CSS but my friends who had this as an optional never failed the Essay.

In my opinion, if your are opting philosophy it would be better to take Pol Sci in place of IR. Firstly because the same western and Muslim philosophers are part of both subjects. Secondly, Pol Sci has continued to be more scoring than IR in recent years. Again, all this depends on if you are taking the 2020 attempt or later. It might be too late to change a 200 marks subject at this stage.

Finally keep in mind that AMaths, IndoPak and Philosophy were all 200 marks subjects prior to 2016 and now have been reduced to 100 marks subjects while retaining much of their syllabi.
P.S do you think GPP is a viable alternative to IndoPak history and can you suggest any other alternatives.

Thanks