View Single Post
Old Tuesday, September 17, 2019

aishalam is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by The dream of rain View Post
Thanks, Aishalam.
although, my rough attempt for this question was somewhat similar, i included Liberal feminism (mainly) and marxist feminism (to certain extent).
Since, liberal feminism works under legal boundaries and doesn't seek to overthrow present social structure. Therefore, it can address women's issues in social-cultural and political context by means of awareness, legislation and implementation.
Whereas, i chose to include marxist feminism, since, it primarily focus on economic inequality. Thus, its demands, such as 'socialization of domestic work, inclusion of women in men-dominated professions, equal wage, etc., address the economic issues of women today. Even in context of Pakistan, keeping aside toppling of Capitalist system argument.
I think it served the purpose of question, didn't it?
Correct me if attempted wrong.

P.S. posting and getting feedback surely helps everyone. Appreciated!
Since its a very opinion based question, like I said before, all opinions count as long as you can logically support them. Both of those types of feminism are without a doubt releveant to the answer and cover two very important aspects of our country's unique set of circumstances and hurdles relating to female empowerment. In fact, after cutting out radical, men's, psychoanalysis and postmodern, which are all not suitable for Pakistan, the two you have chosen to talk about are the ones left (along with Islamic feminism which is not really a concrete movement in itself). I merely discussed in detail all the types given within the css course to illustrate a point but including them all in the actual answer would be irrelevant.

Fully agree. While writing out my response to your query, I was better able to organise my thoughts on the matter which was infinitely helpful.