View Single Post
Old Sunday, November 10, 2019

MuhNaeem is on a distinguished road

Reading newspapers is necessary as it provides you with the essential background to every ongoing domestic or international topic. As for awkward wordings, I only read the newspaper through chrome browser and I have installed Grammarly extension which provides the meaning of any word, all you need to do is Double Click that word.

As for the editorial and opinion section, try to find one or two columnists with the writing style most attractive to you. Try to reproduce their written material in your own words as it will not only help you to understand the basic gist behind their opinion, but it will also sharpen your skills for precis writing. This opinion and the editorial section is important to read as the newspaper section only forward the facts and figures related to news, it is this section that reproduces the news in more humanely voice with a solid stance.

Also, I have installed sticky notes extension in chrome which helps me with copying and pasting the important parts of any article in that sticky note, or you can use highlighter extension as well to highlight while reading any piece.