View Single Post
Old Wednesday, December 04, 2019

aishalam is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnmac View Post
Outline appreciated.

My query is about the last line of question. It says “as a sociologist “.

What can be the difference when replying as
(a) a sociologist
(b) an administrator
(c) a corporate

Please correct me ; if wrong ,as i consider the difference in approaches to be a key in answering this question. Making our replies more objective.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I did attempt this question in the 2019 exam and I took the exact view you have. The question asks your view as a sociologist, so your advice needs to be more structured to areas which sociologists can influence. Also supplement your answers with WHY these recommendations would work.

For example cultural lag can be reduced significantly by keeping institutions of socialization involved and updated. One way of doing this is by using educational institutions to launch awareness campaigns or hosting technical seminars/workshops/festivals in order to sensitize the youth to the new material cultural addition. Another sociological institution that can be used is the media. Why these work is because most of our values and opinions are formed through socialization and hence we can influence people's attitudes and mindset fairly easily through them or in any case help make new things seem less "alien".

Another thing sociologists can do is advice the country's policy makers. Government help and policies can definitely help reduce cultural lag. This is an external form of sanctions and is an important social control tool.

You can think of other examples too and link them to sociological theory.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aishalam For This Useful Post:
Johnmac (Wednesday, January 15, 2020), Zaheerkhan7 (Wednesday, January 22, 2020)