View Single Post
Old Monday, January 20, 2020

aishalam is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnmac View Post
Well gradually, pleasure is becoming all mine ,since i believe the discussion entered into very objective phase. Surely this would reap fruits for me in the coming exams.

Heartening to see the kind of approach that you possess while dealing with such topics. I was bound to go through your profile and probably the word,” senior member “ rightly suits you.

Anyways, let’s reap some more benefits out of your ,”seniority”.

What theories you believe may be asked in the coming exam?

I,m putting you in spot , yet you can still manoeuvre away-if feel so.

Something worrying this year are dual exams-the same day.So, meagre time to refresh and revise.I endeavour to be specific before exam.

Secondly, how can i share my essay outline for scrutiny/suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You aren't putting me at the spot at all! The css interview and assessments process is over for me personally, so I have far too much time on my hands and the long waiting game till May is best suffered through while keeping in touch with the system so here I am. I have shared my email address on my profile, you could send it there and whenever I find time I can take a look.

As to your question on sociological theories, I'm going to paste below a response I made a little while ago to some other thread here on the forum which might help;

"The basic approaches to the study of sociology are the three main paradigms; structural functionalism, conflict and symbolic interaction. You must learn sociology with its own concepts and theories and develop a "sociological perspective". I highly recommend giving time to these paradigms and also giving a good thorough study to part II-Sociological theory of the FPSC sociology course before preparing the other parts because it'll help you develop a sociological outlook and thinking.

This year's paper was highly conceptual. I enjoyed attempting it but that was only because I took the time earlier to carefully and methodically learn about the FPSC recommended sociologists and their theories. You need to immerse yourself in the subject. Once you know the basic theories you can apply them everywhere and even a seemingly general question will gain more weight (and hence marks) if you can back it up with respected sociologists' theories and views.

For example; question number 4 from CSS-2019 was How cultural ethnocentrism promotes social change and maintain social order. Comment.

I attempted this question by first defining the term then giving examples of ethnocentrism and how "generally" it can maintain social order and also promote social change (social order: ethnocentrism promotes a feeling of solidarity amongst the members of the group against "others" and they develop cultural, social and legal measures to maintain an order where they are superior. e.g. European Colonialism and their "civilize the savages" campaign, apartheid in south Africa etc. Social change= the oppressed class gets tired of the discrimination and fights for change. e.g Martin Luther King Jr. and his marches, Black panther movement, freedom struggle of the Muslims against double ethnocentrism of both British colonizers and Hindu Mahasbha.) After this part I supported my stance with theories. Ibn Al-Khaldun and the concept of Assabiya (tribalism), Karl Marx and the fall of capitalism and W. E. B Dubois and racial discrimination in America."
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aishalam For This Useful Post:
AlphaZero (Friday, January 24, 2020), Johnmac (Monday, January 20, 2020)