View Single Post
Old Friday, March 06, 2020

Innocent Hafeez is on a distinguished road

My opinion: this is a right forum to discuss this issue as we have gender studies as well and i think girls of this forum should come up with their views on the topic and hope the admins will respect our views.
I agree with Qublai khan.
I firmly believe that both radial liberals and religious parties are wrong given their too narrow approach
Undoubtedly, our women are suffering. They are being subjected to oppression. They are being denied their rights and share and religious parties should fight for their rights.
Their problems: health, education and others. But, our feminists are not focusing on this issue. They want to strike the cultural traditions, and are facing resistance. Firstly, feminism was born in Europe. So, there is the impact of European culture on it and if you are going to implement similar type of feminism in Pakistan then there will be a cultural clash. While some traditions are legitimate in Europe or West, they are inappropriate in our society. So, i don’t think these slogans should be the part of Pakistani feminists or have any role in equality. Also, feminism in our country is not representing our rural women and has been controlled by elite groups and some funded NGOs who are not facing social issues so they are raising these slogans like lo beth gai sahe. It means parents should not have any share in their kid’s life and should not ask their sons and daughters to adopt manners.
Final words: this is right time for our feminists to consider these issues and focus on real problems and shape their movements within our own social and cultural perspective or else women’s problems will remain unnoticed and unaddressed.