View Single Post
Old Tuesday, March 24, 2020

MonstarAshar is on a distinguished road

@longinus

I am usually of the view that one should not engage in such useless discussions unless you qualify for that post, first. But your ignorance and biased opinion on the matter forces to do the opposite.

1st. CSP job is not a bed of roses. You have seen too many Bollywood Dabang movies i suppose. You are blabbering the story of the 1960s wali civil service. Your information and view of CSPs is outdated and biased.

2nd. You are statistically better off as an AD NAB rather a CSP officier. When people imagine CSP life, they only think about DMG PSP AND FSP. They forget the rest of the 9 groups. Only a tiny percent gets appointed in the big 3, rest of average joe, like you and me, end up in IRS Custom etc. Such CSP jobs are worse than NAB jobs, in term of their power prestige and facilities.

3rd. Your heavenly picture of facilities provided to the big 3 is also skewed. I personally know and have studied under the current Special Judicial Magistrate of a major metropolitan city of Pakistan. He is perhaps the best CSP officer of his decade in DMG group. He has been alloted a 'thakki hoe' old cultus with a driver. His official residence is also in shambles. And he alongwith his batchmatches have to fight claw and nail just for the upkeep of their officies' 'kharchapani'. One misstep and you are suspended without pay for months on end.

4rth. The above mentioned Civil servant and numerous like him that I've met have also portrayed a bleak story of the 'powers' you so desperately crave. CSPs are at the mercy of their seniors, political elite and military establishment for nearly every step of their career. They are posted to remote destitute areas with no facilities for porlonged periods. They need 'reference and Safarish' just to get posted in their home cities and get proper residence and facilities. Civil service, as these officers say, has been strategically be stripped off of their power and prestige due to political and economical reasons.

5th. Yes, AD NAB job is primarily a desk job with little 'dabang' features. BUT they are still far better as they have the highest salaries of all their peers in the govt sector. Also they are well respected in the social and rishta market as well. Perhaps Supreme court employees earn slightly more than their NAB counterparts. Even if we assume that AD NAB job is the most thakki hoe and power-less job in Pakistan, YOU will still be getting an American Salary for your Pakistani Kharchay. What more do you need in life. Nearly Rs 200k a month to a 25 year old, what more could you want????

6th. Due to the foreseeable future, NAB will remain a prominent and rewarding career path in Pakistan. Corruption, accountability and their counter operations will be even more important in the decades to come as Pakistan slowly but surely sees a rise in investments in the economy.

Last edited by MonstarAshar; Tuesday, March 24, 2020 at 09:38 PM. Reason: Reply to a comment