View Single Post
Old Saturday, May 02, 2020

oyewaqar is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by The dream of rain View Post
Several factors were involved in the formation of New England Confederation,1643-1684. The main factors were protection from the Indians, the dutch and the french, resolving territorial disputes among colonies, regulating trade and carry out economic transactions to substantiate their colonies. Besides, safeguarding from the British aggression and religious disputes that existed among colonies.

For brevity, i have answered main areas. You can much more information online/google books.

Hope it helps!
I have found some points through internet, couldn't find much in any book. Could suggest a book in which this topic is covered?

Factors responsible
1. England's civil war (1642-1651)
Colonies lacked support of their mother country
2. Boundary Issues
Only two colonies had royal charters, while others were formed by dissenting groups.
3. Trade
Their economy depended on trade and fishing, and they had clashes on source and river routes.
4. Pequot War & Pan-Indian Confederation
Indian tribes had united against colonist
5. Rhode Island and Run away criminals
Criminals from one colony often escaped to others.
Rhode Island was not liked by other colonies because of their more liberal views and they wanted it to wither
6. Separation and self-government
Because of English Civil war they took it as an opportunity to separate themselves completely from England.

These are the points which I got from Internet, but the problem is that I don't think this will be enough for 20 marks question. My answer will span over 2-3 pages max.