View Single Post
Old Thursday, May 07, 2020

aishalam is on a distinguished road

Hello. I apologize for the late response. My cat passed away today so it has been draining. Anyway I'm glad you found my comments useful. I've addressed your comment in parts below;

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeAdventure View Post
1. I am extremely grateful for your sincerity which can be witnessed the way you have checked just one single paragraph helping me to understand everything in detail including appropriate usages, examples, etc. Honestly speaking, I am finding it difficult to choose appropriate words to express my gratitude to you for such meticulous read with the sole purpose of helping me so that I could improve.
It sincerely makes me happy that I could be of help. I'll try to get to the rest of the paragraphs one by one in the coming few days. There might be a little delay and I'm really sorry about that.

Quote:
2. To clarify for my understanding, can't we use "one of the rarest for such occurrence keeping in view the fact it had been declared pandemic with magnitude to cause damage to economies, human lives, etc. at the global level. It is almost unthinkable in present era that world would came to a standstill. In other words, it seems like clock has stopped for a while. In that backdrop, while equating the pandemic with the Black Plague and Spanish Flu. Isn't that okay to use "one of the rarest".
I have no issue with lumping this current pandemic with the ones that have gone before it. The use of "one of" in the context is perfectly valid. My only gripe with the referred passage was the use of the word "rarest". Rare by definition means unusual or singular. So going on that the Covid-19 pandemic is not particularly unique. It has it's unique set of challenges of course but as an event several similar (and sometimes worse) ones have gone before and I doubt if this will be the last. So change the word "rarest". A few suggestions; "one of the most consequential occurance of our times/ one of the most monumental events of the modern era/ one of the most pivotal moments in recent history" you know something along this line. I've also added words like "our times/modern era/recent history" to ground the current Pandemic in a time frame and context but you could chose not to add those on.

Quote:
3. I would be extremely grateful if you would kindly check the remaining part as well. Also, please do correct me wherever needed even if there is article mistake.
I'll definitely try to get to the rest asap. Feel free to ask any questions which come to your mind along the way. I hope that it's a useful exercise for the both of us and we learn something along the way.

Best regards
The Following User Says Thank You to aishalam For This Useful Post:
LifeAdventure (Thursday, May 07, 2020)