View Single Post
Old Saturday, May 09, 2020

Innocent Hafeez is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by aishalam View Post
This is the outline of the essay that I attempted in the actual paper in 2019. The topics was "Classrooms decide the future of the nation." The remedial measures of course had more points, I just can't recall them. I took a fairly romanticized view of the topic, rather than getting into the nitty-gritty of the economic, political, social etc impacts of education as a whole. My mother is a Montessori directress and I've attended many workshops detailing the importance of a "good" classroom environment and overall experience for the proper development of a child. I used that to advantage and laced a good many Maria Montessori quotes throughout. Also as I mentioned before I stuck to the wordings of the topic and focused on "classrooms/learning environment" specifically not "education" as a whole

1. Introduction
2. Classrooms: Historical and contemporary examples of their role in nation building (Examples of student participation in Pakistan movement, and for the current examples US Parkland shooting survivors rallies on gun control, Swedish schoolgirl Greta Thunberg and her voicing climate change concerns and the French yellow vest movement which is also now being taken up by students for school reforms)
3. Role of classroom in nation building
3.1 socialization
3.2 personality development
3.3 evolution and development of ideas and values
3.4 creativity and innovation
3.5 Transmission of knowledge
4. Hallmarks of a conducive learning environment
4.1 Child-centered
4.2 Participative
4.3 Holistic development
5. Case study of Pakistan: How our classrooms are perpetuating our social, political and economic problems.
6. Remedial measures
7. Conclusion

I had gone into the exam hall thinking I would attempt an economics topic (my degree is in economics) but the only topic that applied was so general that I was sure everyone was going to attempt that- that would make it hard to make original points and stand out so I went with this topic because it was far from being controversial and I knew that I could get a lot of arguments and examples in.
Thanks sister for sharing your outline. It is amazing and well written. It is good to see that everything can prove helpful if one so desires, as your educational background helped you. Hope and pray you well get your favorite department. I will try to write outline along with intro on this topic as sooner as possible. Please, get some time and check it. Thanks again.