View Single Post
Old Sunday, May 10, 2020

LifeAdventure is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by aishalam View Post
Hello. Apologies for the delay but here are a few more of the paragraphs with my thoughts and comments.

The Covid-19 pandemic has caused (caused is grammatically correct but it causes a hiccup in the flow of the sentence. The best way to see these for oneself is to say the sentence out loud. If an unnatural pause or a need to draw breath comes at any point in a sentence then it doesn't have proper "flow". I'm not an english major and I'm sure this has more of a technical explanation but to me this trick has always been enough. It would be better to use "...has had a far reaching impact...". Again this is super subjective. If caused seems fine to you by all means keep it as is.) far-reaching impact to ("on" would be better here) the planet earth (earth E would be capital but it would actually suit the sentence better to just have planet.) as did the 9/11 (the two events though monumental in their own right are unrelated. And the sentence itself does not really need the add on comparison.) Once the coronavirus is contained and recovery begins, human behaviours (behaviour singular would suit here better) will be significantly altered. For instance, as recommended by WHO and the health practitioners ‘No Handshake’, (the portion of the sentence before the comma requires rewording. It has a lot of hiccups in the flow. Suggested edit: "For instanfe, WHO and leading health practitioners have advocated a habit of 'No Handshake' in order to limit contact and hence the spread of the disease. It is not inconceivable that this habit of limited human touch would carry on with us as humanity emerges from self isolation and quarantine in post-covid era...") will be practiced even in the post-Covid-19 times owing to the reason that the ravages of the pandemic cannot be easily forgotten. Its affects will remain part of our long-term memories no matter what. (Better to start a new paragraph at this point. Also the two trains of thought don't seem to go well together. I get the point you are trying to make with the instance of the vilalge after this comment but it seems unnecessary to me. Think of sentences in logical flow. Whenever you write a sentence, before beginning the next one write the wh words in the corner margin to help develop logical sequencing of the narrative. So for example here in the beginning of the paragraph you mentioned that our lives will be different post covid 19. Well the next quesion that pops into my mind at least is HOW? You answered that as well by giving an example of the no handshake policy. Now the next question that springs to mind is SO WHAT? HOW ARE THESE CHANGES ANY DIFFERENT TO THE CHANGING TRENDS AND SOCIAL CONVENTIONS THAT HAPPEN NATURALLY? WHY SHOULD WE CARE THAT THE WORLD WOULD BE DIFFERENT? THE WORLD IS DIFFERENT EVERY DAY-NAY EVERY SECOND- SO WHY DOES THIS MATTER? Try to answer such questions as the next in the logical sequence. ) Few days back, this author has inquired whether masses are practising ‘no handshake’ in rural areas. To my utter surprise as I was not expecting this, majority in the rural areas of Sindh are avoiding handshake. One of my relative responded that when he went to buy groceries and his acquaintance tried to greet him with handshake, he apologised to shake hand requesting his acquaintance to practice no handshake as recommended by the authorities for mutual safety. It does not mean that all the masses are abiding by the government’s instructions. Certainly, it varies from area to area. Hence, avoiding handshake will also be practiced in future as well.

Really greatful for guidance and these tips are extremely helpful. Literally, cannot express my gratitude to you for such microscopic review along with the guidance what to be done.

Also, after this has been done, will be requesting to review other write-ups as well. I have sent you links of these write-ups in email a few days back.

Also please share how did you improve your writing skills? Through reading ?