View Single Post
Old Thursday, June 18, 2020
***CAPTAIN HOPE***
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Moderator: Ribbon awarded to moderators of the forum - Issue reason:

Muhammad Ali Chaudhry is a jewel in the roughMuhammad Ali Chaudhry is a jewel in the roughMuhammad Ali Chaudhry is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrillaInManilla View Post
Aoa.
I'm new to this forum. I'm currently in 6th semester of electrical engineering at CEME, NUST. I've always had a passion for CSS but in the recent past that passion has elevated to a new level. I'm particularly ambitious about joining the Foreign Service of Pakistan. The other groups don't fascinate or inspire me that much. (Not even PAS to be honest). Now the issue here is that ever since the result for CSS 2019 came out yesterday I've been hooked. I can't get myself to think about anything else. This isn't quite healthy as I'm not very sound academically. Moreover, what concerns me more is that this insane obsession with clearing CSS and being allocated to a particular group leads me to believe that nothing else in life is meaningful other than becoming a diplomat. This approach is very dangerous as it increases the stakes too much and leads to unnecessary pressure. Also the fact that CSS is a highly unpredictable exam doesn't help much. This might be quite a weird question for this forum, but if someone could give me a few tips to keep my expectations realistic and to wait for the right time to ponder upon these things,i.e. after graduation, I'd be really grateful.
Well , it seems like you worry too much about this thing. Basically what you have to do is to believe in Allah and then in yourself. It's Allah who can help you pass this exam. And , I don't think it's unpredictable. If you have a strong belief in yourself that you can do it ,then you can. "Can Do" attitude. And , well there are some things that you control, while there are some other things that you can't control . What you can do is to prepare , to study , to keep moving forward in a right direction. Don't worry. Worrying too much is always bad for health , and as you have written some lines yourself that it's not good for a person to make himself obsessed with any thing to this much level.
Well write down your feelings, your fears etc. And then write down that what you can do to remain relaxed etc.
Remember ,everyone in this world has got tentions, fears, worries. It can be a different thing to worry about for others ,but still this is life and things are not perfect here. This life is worth taking worries and pains so that we can gain in afterlife,but it doesn't mean that you really have to worry. You should make your connection with Allah better so that you can handle these thoughts and feelings. And everything is from Allah. We always pray for the good to happen ,and for the evil to go away . Allah is the best sustainer of affairs .Timespan of this life is like for a blink of an eye. For a second ,maybe less than that. And real life is afterlife. So maybe make it a goal to achieve some things there , and then you will get peace in this life too. Basically don't get obsessed with this thing. Try your best , give it a go. And then whatever happens, it's not in your control really.
I have seen dull students clearing CSS PMS . Students with GPA 2.1 , 2.4 etc. It doesnot really matter that you are good with your university studies or not. What does matter is your performance in these competitive exams. And approach for taking these exams is very difficult as that of uni exams. So, you can do it.
Stay focussed. But believe in Allah more than anything else. Even when we take medicines,then we say Allah will cure us then we take medicines. In the same way, prepare , try your best. But, remember that only Allah can give you what you want.
And at the end, well , at this time pass your bachelor's. And try to focus on your papers there at university. With it , you can read newspapers and read some other good stuff. Good books. Write one two pages a day on any topic. If you do these things, your writing skills will improve ,and that's the most important thing to pass these exams.