View Single Post
Old Friday, June 19, 2020
Makhzan-e-Urdu Adab
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 4,047 Times in 1,576 Posts
Farrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrillaInManilla View Post
Aoa.
I'm new to this forum. I'm currently in 6th semester of electrical engineering at CEME, NUST. I've always had a passion for CSS but in the recent past that passion has elevated to a new level. I'm particularly ambitious about joining the Foreign Service of Pakistan. The other groups don't fascinate or inspire me that much. (Not even PAS to be honest). Now the issue here is that ever since the result for CSS 2019 came out yesterday I've been hooked. I can't get myself to think about anything else. This isn't quite healthy as I'm not very sound academically. Moreover, what concerns me more is that this insane obsession with clearing CSS and being allocated to a particular group leads me to believe that nothing else in life is meaningful other than becoming a diplomat. This approach is very dangerous as it increases the stakes too much and leads to unnecessary pressure. Also the fact that CSS is a highly unpredictable exam doesn't help much. This might be quite a weird question for this forum, but if someone could give me a few tips to keep my expectations realistic and to wait for the right time to ponder upon these things,i.e. after graduation, I'd be really grateful.
Being ambitious for a goal is not a bad thing so you should be.You should focus on your studies for now.Forget about CSS!
When you are done with your degree then start preparation.Give your best but you must be mentally prepared for the unexpected.CSS is not for those specifically who are the brilliant ,in fact only those get through it who are destined.
There was a time when I was crazy about it and I also had dream to get foreign service.I put my all efforts but in the end I was shattered.There were many amazing people on this forum who motivated me and assured me that it's not my failure ,indeed Allah has planned something else.Time proved that !
A few years back the word CSS used to hurt me as it broke my dreams.But today when I look back I feel it was not written my destiny and Allah has the best plans for us.
And remember your hard work is always rewarded whether it's the honour of being a CSP or any other feather in your cap.

Be optimistic & realistic!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Farrah Zafar For This Useful Post:
Grim Reaper (Tuesday, January 26, 2021), siddiquiali (Sunday, June 28, 2020)