View Single Post
Old Friday, July 17, 2020

MuneezaRafiq is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtual Education Library View Post
I have also written precise. Please check mine, too.

Manto's Success: Living with Struggle

The lack of acceptance by society made Manto a rebel. He was considered obnoxious because of his writings. Despite being criticized by negative and religious people, he remained firm in his plans. Like Freud, he used to remain concerned about neglected social class people. To him, man was both good and bad. Through characters, he wanted to show that lower and middle class people are also human beings. His social issue based writings made him successful in influencing readers. He was quite aware of the missing nexus between saying and acting, and he portrayed this at various levels. About man, he had neutral perceptions to their mistakes. Artistically, he shared about vulgarity without embarrassing anyone. In Manto's writings, problems faced by men and women are rightly reflected like in other writers' work. Similar to those writers, Manto got success due to his passion.
There is a sequence of thought in the original passage which should be followed in the precis. (1) How people treated Manto (2) how he reacted ...and so on. So your first sentence should become the second sentence, following this sequence.

You are wrong in thinking that the author has pointed out a similarity between Freud and Manto based on social status. Read carefully. The author says that Manto was similar to Freud in the sense that he too tried to discover the true nature of sex, especially in relation to the lower class like prostitutes and pimps. The focus is on sexual themes.

You have missed out on Manto's focus on dualities of human nature; good vs. evil, appearance vs. reality which the author has pointed out in paragraph 2.

Your phrase "social issue based writings " should be hyphenated, better yet, it should be rephrased.

Your words "he shared about vulgarity " should be rephrased to "he expressed" or "wrote about" vulgarity without resorting to vulgar writing.
Muhammad Ali Chaudhry (Friday, July 17, 2020)