View Single Post
Old Friday, August 21, 2020

siddiquiali is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by salmanmufc View Post
I think General Recruitment is totally different from the CSS, and hence I don't see they would delay CSS because of General Recruitment. They can not delay the CSS by 4-5 months just because GR wasn't conducted because of the pandemic, since delaying the exam by 4-5 months means the whole process is pushed ahead, and that affects the training start date, STP start date and FPOE etc as well.

I would be very surprised if they do that though. However, I did e-mail FPSC a few weeks to ask if the exam will be conducted on time, and they said yes it will follow the usual October (Applications Open) / Feb (Exam) route.

So, fingers crossed!
Well FPSC conducts both CSS and general recruitment. FPSC uses the same staff to conduct both exams. I doubt they are capable of handling all the delayed general exams as well as CSS in the upcoming months. Also CSS 2021 exams announcement has yet to be made, usually they advertise about it in March and applications open in Sep-October.

Delay in exams has happened in the past as well and the CTP and STP dates have changed accordingly so that's not a problem. Also the people who reply to FPSC emails are very unreliable (check out the previous result date discussions, they have replied with wrong information multiple times).

Anyways, we will know for sure by October. Lets hope for the best (which is relative since delay in exam would be best for some aspirants)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to siddiquiali For This Useful Post:
Hassan Kamal (Monday, September 21, 2020), Neelam ShujahUddin (Wednesday, September 23, 2020)