Thread: Advice Needed
View Single Post
Old Tuesday, February 16, 2021

The dream of rain is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innocent Hafeez View Post
Dear Dream thanks for your reply, I hope you are fine.
My query is:
1. I had good preparation till December fro CE-2021, but got a serious sleep problem since this February that seriously disrupted my study. ( a sort of insomnia that did not go away even I used medicine )
Now only 2 days are remaining, i am afraid how i would be attempting papers with shaking head due to improper sleep. Besides, i could not prepare objectives in a proper manner and , yes math is there too that complicated my mind further. i had left math, mcqs plus practice portion for February, but suddenly this happened.
Some other issues
2. I mistakenly took international law but now i repenting after seeing 2020 paper.
3. This is going to be my second attempt and if i drop it ( unfortunately), then i will have to take 2022 and 2023 in row without any gap due to my age, as i will not be fit for 2024 and onwards.
3. I am not concerned about giving exams in row but about css reforms. If, for instance, screening test is announced in 2022, and i fail it then i will have only one attempt i.e. 2023. Also, some students are saying age might be reduced to 28 from 30 if reforms are introduced. If it happens so, then i won’t be able to take both 2022 and 23 since i will be 29 then.
To be very precise and honest i am mentally unprepared for 2021 and i don’t want to miss my attempt.
Now, considering all this, what you suggest should i ago for 2021 with this mentally disturbed condition or drop it and wait for 2022?
You kind suggestion is awaited. Jazakallah
Thanks Hafeez, im fine brother and i hope you get too. InshaAllah!
As to your sleepless nights are concerned i think you are under a lot of stress and anxiety for the exams. Anxiety is part of a process but it should be kept in-line. Brother, don't worry you will get through it when the storm is over. As they say, "do not go gentle into that good night...rage against the dying of the light."
MCQs can be done in 2-3 days but i think now that time has passed. MAth too (if your Math is good enough then there is no much worry behind it) needs some practice if one doesnt belong to that area.

International Law is not so hard, i know 2020 was tad difficult but one can do it with certain sufficient study and practice. If you have covered the syllabus then go for it. If 2020 was difficult that doesnt mean it will be similar now.

And, for Reforms there is nothing so sure about it. But somewhere the guy who head this committee iterated that there will be changes in post-training process not in the recruitment.Plus, this was indicated by few too. Reforms won't be so unrealistic that would ignore many aspirants preparing for years. But Prepare for worst and hope for best. Don't worry keep your head straight and chip off worries.

Finally, if you are mentally not so sure about it then don't go for it. giving your attempt just for fear of reforms is not going to make it happen. And if you are asking me i think if your are not so well mentally and not in study-side then you can wait. But consider this whole year of waiting would also create some anxiety and impatience. if have think you have sufficient practice and study and surety then go for it. Uncertainty always remains. Ball is in your court.