View Single Post
Old Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Dire Wolf is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realistically View Post
Here is my essay that i attempted.

Intercultural Communication is a panacea to avoid World War III

1) Introduction
Threat of third world war is looming over our head due to increasing polarization among cultures. In these testing times, intercultural communication cannot only bridge these difference but can also provide a platform for dialogue and debate.

2) Importance of Intercultural Communication in this diversified world

3) Manifestation of Impending threats of World War III due to lack of intercultural communication

I) Clash of Civilization ( give overview of Thesis of S.P Hungtinton)
II) Rising Islamophobia ( talked about Remarks of French President , rising fascist tendencies)
III) US-Sino rivalry – Liberalism vs Communism ( talked about new cold war )
IV) Indo-Pakistan hostilities – Threat of nuclear war ( talked about lack of intercultural contact )

4) How Intercultural communication is Panacea to avoid the world from World War III. By:

I) Promotion of Mantra of Co-existence – resolution of conflicts on table rather than battlefields ( quoted famous Nehro quote )
II) Indispensable for cultivation of Tolerance
III) Essential for appreciation of diversity in the world rather than abhorring it
IV) Can promote art for peace ( talked about role of media/art/films etc collaboration
V) Necessary to help in shedding mentality of Zero-sum game ( Talked about western mentality of cultural Universalism
VI) Misunderstandings can be removed that will promote harmony
2 more points that I cannot recall ( may be people to people contact etc )

5) What are constraints in the way of Intercultural Communication?

I) Superiority complex of the Western world ( talked about their view about Secularism and religion , anti-immigrant rhetoric etc)
II) Rise of Chauvinistic and Anti-global leaders ( talked about Narender Modi and Pulwama attack and threat of war after it
III) Lack of understanding about other cultures ( Talked about some extremist views that prevail in Muslim world about non-believers and vice versa )

6) What are the pragmatic ways forward to promote Intercultural communication for saving the world from WW III

I) People to People Contact ( tourism, student exchange talked about Kartarpur corridor etc
II) Understanding the importance of narrative that global conflict need global approach ( talked about Pandemic, Climate change
III) Promoting art for peace ( gave example of role of Bruce Lee to bring USA and China close through Martial arts
IV) Responsible role of Media
V) Role of United nations ( Role of UNESCO, S.C Should not work as whip hand of West etc )

7) Conclusion
Pretty impressive. It is quite long, how did you managed to complete it in time?