Quote:
Originally Posted by SikanderAbbasi View Post
Do not waste water even if you were at a running stream

Outlines

1. Introduction
- Water is the mother earth's most abundant, yet waning resource
- Deciphering the axiom

2. Thesis Statement

The world in general and Pakistan in particular has been struggling with conservation of water. United efforts are required to realise and protect this resourceful currency

3. How water wastage is becoming a global threat?
3.1. Emission of GHG is adversely affecting water bodies due to thawing of permafrost
3.2. Most of the Asian and African countries will begin becoming dry by 2040, according to World Resource Institute report
3.3. Population explosion is a direct threat to adequate water usage

4. How is Pakistan is being affected from water scarcity despite having umpteen resources?
4.1. Unbridled wastage of water in arable lands and households
4.2. Pakistan has the fourth highest rate of water usage
4.3. Industrial wastage is contaminating water with its spillage in the Arabian sea
4.4. Sporadic rain patterns are not being capitalised on due to dearth of water-storage capacities
4.5. Inter-provincial discord over dam constructions, thereby, depriving poor strata of adequate and affordable water facilities

5. What are the repercussions of inordinate water usage?
5.1 Excessive water for agricultural purposes is depleting crops, thereby, increasing food insecurity
5.2. Undue usage is resulting in discriminate water usage, which is increasing health hazards for impoverished communities
5.3. Industrial waste, when meets water bodies, ensue extinction of aquatic species
5.4. Scarcity of dams causes heavy floods, which inundate small cities and villages
5.5. Lack of consensus on water distribution is delaying implementation of conservation measures

6. Indispensability to realise the water protection- The way forward
6.1. Construction of small rather than large dams should be the foremost priority
6.2. Installation sprinklers, drip irrigation and telemetry system for its adequate usage for irrigation
6.3. Acquaint households with the need to conserve water- reuse tap or shower water for plantation
6.4. Promotion of renewable resources to protect atmospheric ecology
6.5. Construction of sanitary and industrial landfalls for dumping waste rather than throwing it into the sea
6.6. Adhere to the Water Appointment Accord 1991 for equitable distribution between provinces

Day after day, day after day
we stuck, nor breath, nor motion,
as idle as a painted ship on a painted ocean,
water, water everywhere
all the boards did shrink
water, water everywhere
not a single drop of water to drink (Samuel Taylor Coleridge, 1834)

I made the above articulated outline for Topic 1. I began it with a poem. I did not know whether it is a Hadith, yet I manage to crack or unfold the topic and then proceed with the content.

There are few things that I want to mention regarding this outline.
1.Holy Prophet (PBUH) did not say the statement specifically for Pakistan.
2. No where the importance of water is mentioned.
3. it would be better if explained by considering international conflicts and perspectives.
4. Hydropolitics # Mark twain, "Whiskey is for drinking and water is for fighting over."
#Modi, "Blood and water cannot flow together at the same time" # possibility of third world war
5. International organisations and their roles
6. Essay has been written by considering the management issues of Pakistan and not by highlighting the essence of the topic