View Single Post
Old Tuesday, June 22, 2021

GhazMar is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BePersistent View Post
This was the most pathetic ability test for a PMS officer I have ever seen from any public service commission. Not only did they change the pattern of the screening test (no Islamiat and Indo-Pak history), the issues in conducting 2 different tests for same post AND at different times are apparent to even most inept person. They had ample time to figure out a proper way to conduct the examination but instead they came up with this lottery-like test. The English portion was what a candidate would expect but the mcqs related to currency and capitals make no sense whatsoever. When is a random fact that Kigali is capital of Rwanda going to help anyone in their public service career? Majority of general science mcqs were just random facts copied straight from Caravan or JWT books (in case of currency related mcqs, even the options were exactly the same as in Caravan books). Overall don't expect much from highlighting the disaster that this screening test was. KPPSC is one of the worst when it comes to proper recruitment. The fact that it took them 4 years to conduct PMS speaks for itself. I really wish I had not wasted all that time studying Islamic and Indo-Pak dates and facts but every person was telling me to study them. This screening test is a perfect example of why 1 paper mcqs for such big posts are a luck fest and a complete injustice to candidates.
Agreed with every sentence. Great post.