View Single Post
Old Thursday, August 05, 2021

IrfanAvionics is on a distinguished road
Default Initial Test Experience of Old Candidate PN IT SSC

Aoa Every one. There are many students/candidates who have enrolled in the SSC-B Pak Navy recruitment and quite a many needed help in knowing pattern of the exam. Today i gave the initial test of Pak Navy SSC-B and here are a few things that can guide you regarding the test.

1. It is a computer based test. You will be provided with computer in an IT lab on which your initial test will be conducted.
2. You will have to wait for at least 1.5 to 2 hour in different waiting areas depending on your test centre; before finally you are let into the IT lab for your test.
3. The facility will have some limited number of computers and all the candidates have to use them in order to take the test, this is the reason why candidates have to wait for their turn for at least 1.5 hours.
4. A small white board, marker and eraser is present on each desk of computer for rough work.
5. You will log into the computer using your NIC and Roll number.
6. Instructions will appear before the test begins.

7. The test is in 2 parts, Intelligence and Academic. This is a pattern that NAVY and Airforce seem to follow. Nevertheless, you have 25 minutes to answer 40 Intelligence tests (more on this later). Only if you successfully answer enough correct answers, you will qualify into Academic test. If you fail the Intelligence test your testing will be terminated and you will leave the exam lab allowing the next candidate to try his luck.
8. Once you clear the intelligence test, the Academic Part will begin, mine had 80 question and 35 minutes to answer.
9. Now lets talk about both parts. In both parts you will be given MCQs (multiple choice questions) usually 4 Choices. and will need to chose one and click the "next" button. Once selected an option and clicked on NEXT, you cannot revise the answer. However, there is a "SKIP" button as well. Skip allows you to temporarily move to the next question and once you reach the end of questions the computer will go back to the first question that you had SKIPPED (if any).
10. I think the intelligence test is not that difficult, out of a lot of reason why someone might fail the Intelligence part is that candidates spend a lot of time trying to answer just 1 question. They get stuck and waste alot of time. Remember, all question have same marks. and its better to solve 5 easy question in 1 minute as opposed to 1 difficult and time consuming question in 5 minutes. Investing time wisely on a certain question is a huge trick. The question are basic English and Logic questions, frankly speaking very easy. There are many practice books available from publishers like DOGAR
11. You need to prepare for academic portion. Mine was Special Branch Mechanical Engineering. For that R.S Khurmi is a recommended source to prepare for objective type mcqs in mechanical engineering. The topics were Fluid Mechanics (Reynold's number, Boundary layer thickness, Pressure head, velocity head, Bernoulli equation, Pipe smoothness and roughness, Darcy Weibach equation), Engineering Materials ( Alloys, corrosion, types of defects in metals, Composition of different types of steels), Workshop Technology (Casting, Casting defects, Slab and billet and bloom sizes, effects of different processes such as cold working, hardening, and other processes) Engineering Mechanic (Basics of Torsion, and other phenomena, Kinematics) and others (im sorry i dont fully remember, very sorry).
12. Depending on your branch or specialty you'll be asked questions from your domain.
13. If you qualify the Academic InshaAllah, then you will be the in the merit list, and if you're shortlisted according to your merit number, you will get call for ISSB.

This is your complete guide for SSC-B probably 2022 or any other hiring in 2021.
Notice: Follow COVID-19 SOPS, bring from home these things
1) wear Mask at all times,
2) bring a sanitizer,
3) and DON'T forget to bring latex or plastic gloves.... I insist on this because gloves are compulsory and candidates have to buy from vendors who are selling outside the test centre. These venders have absolutely no Hygene worries and might as well be Covid Carriers. In my opinion buying from them is being extremely careless both personally and on part of the PAK NAVY (they should provide candidates with masks, gloves and sanitization facility, they charge 300/- per candidate for conducting the test).

Last advice, try to stay calm and have patience. We all know the nature of discipline that is prioritized in NAVY, ARMY and AirForce.
And goodluck. Feel free to reply with any questions.
Regards.