View Single Post
Old Monday, September 06, 2021

waqarsarwarabbasi is on a distinguished road

I would suggest you to skip this subject. US history is very lengthy subject; it usually takes more than 30 days to cover properly. Along with that you need to revise it few times so that they events should sink in thoroughly. Apart from that the questioning of US History has also became difficult since 2018. The examiner now has stopped asking questions which inquired about general summary of major events. Now the questions have became very specific and alot of in-depth study is required. Further, the Mcqs portions too has become difficult; I had first hand experience in 2021 exams.

Subjects like Gender Studies, criminology and sociology and even GPP ,too, are very short, easy and far better rewarding than US. My suggestion is to opt them if you can.

But, if you are bent on opting US History, then my recommendation would be to opt it with IR. IR helps in 1 or 2 question of US History. For the topics (especially for 2022) my suggestion would be to cover:
1. American colonisation
2. American revolution-its causes and impacts
3. ( constitution if you have Pol Sci or Const LAw)
4. Federalist vs Anti-Fed
5. Jefferson and Jackson
6. Reconstruction and industrialisation
7. Great Depression and New Deal
8. Vietnam war, Korean War, WW1 , WW2, Iraq war and NATO
9. Civil rights movement
10. American engagement in Afghanistan and with China

I have skipped some important topics which I think won't be asked in upcoming exam. Even then these topics will take around 2 weeks.