View Single Post
Old Thursday, September 16, 2021

Cotton candy is on a distinguished road

Thanks for your advices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dire Wolf View Post
Depends upon your financial situation, you need a job right now or you can wait?

Secondly, merit is usually high in fpsc and provincial commission jobs. Are you confident that you can secure a job there if you leave this opportunity right now??? Everyone knows better about himself.

Your worries about contract and work load have weightage as per my knowledge, rest God knows better.

And there was a test for lecturers in fpsc on Monday. Did you take that, if yes you must have an idea about where you stand when it comes to getting a job in government sector.
I can manage finances for a while. But if I get over-worked now, then I will miss out on few last chances of securing well in jobs tests, as I am reaching the age limit.

Also, this job is written as a one-year contract (renewable) which is very less, it's not even permanent. It was advertised as permanent which made me apply for it.

I have already worked in govt, I had managed to secure a job but that was also contract and the experience was not so good so I'm concerned about this now that it's not even permanent.

I did not appear in the lecturer FPSC test (missed it due to some other reason). I'm interested in an office job, instead of a lecturer.

Another main concern is that it is under Navy, and if my personal file gets messed up, no other govt job would take me (I am not saying I will mess it up, I am saying that God forbid if something bad happened, then this contract will also end after a year and I will also miss out on other opportunities).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheetaa View Post
First be clear what you want.

Secondly, it is better to have a job than no job (as you are planning for age relax for job that has not been adv so far).

Thirdly, you experience countes from now onwards so it means that ur time is not wasting as it would if u fail to join your current job.

Fourthly, believe me when u have job experience around 5 years than your will have more opportunities and new doors of applying for permanent jobs in gov sectors as you never had when u lack the required experince.

In short, i am telling you dont wastw this oppprtunity. Earn and enhance your experience. With that and with time you will be able to apply at many more positions and sectors including for permanent jobs.

Best of lk

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
As for your first point, I know that I want a permanent govt job, doesn't matter if it is not in teaching. I won't be able to study for any jobs when I have this tension on my head that I am working on contract which will not be renewed after a year if I don't over-work myself.

I have above 5 years of experience already, which will help me in getting next job.

I will give it one more day to think. I do feel like I should let this go.

Please add any points you feel like. Thanks a lot.