Thread: Precis 2016
View Single Post
Old Tuesday, December 14, 2021
***CAPTAIN HOPE***
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Moderator: Ribbon awarded to moderators of the forum - Issue reason:

Muhammad Ali Chaudhry is a jewel in the roughMuhammad Ali Chaudhry is a jewel in the roughMuhammad Ali Chaudhry is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdul Fatah Solangi View Post
Suggested Title: A Tour to Cherokee

The author had difficulty in deciding an abroad and breathtaking place for his yesteryear's May vacation till his friend suggested him Cherokee, Oklahoma. In Cherokee, they landed in a paradise-like town, Qualla Boundary, in a valley. There Cherokee presented them its history with exhibition of 'Oconaluftee Indian Village' and a week-long historical show 'Unto These Hills'. They visited souvenir shops with the help of a native despite language barrier. Then they met George, a middle aged fluent English speaking tourist, erstwhile a woodcutter, who invited them for a lunch. He told them that besides trade, Cherokee earns through 'Bingo Weekend' during tour off-peak days. Huge crowds of people gather at Bingo entertainment hall for various games on every Friday afternoon of the Bingo Weekends. Finally, they visited the art museum of Qualla Boundary. The author missed Cherokee back at home and anticipated to visit another foreign place.
After reading original passage,I can say that this one is related to the emotions and feelings of author. Focus on these things instead of mentioning all those places. You have described events and places in your précis, requirement was to write down how author felt after going to these places.

In short you are missing the main point as said above. When I wrote this précis first time, I did the same mistake,then realized I am looking at wrong direction. Précis can't have this much places and events, main point is to analyze feelings and emotions of an author.

Last edited by Muhammad Ali Chaudhry; Tuesday, December 14, 2021 at 06:40 PM. Reason: Missed some words
The Following User Says Thank You to Muhammad Ali Chaudhry For This Useful Post:
Abdul Fatah Solangi (Monday, April 18, 2022)