View Single Post
Old Friday, February 24, 2006

AaminahAbrar is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up My Tips!!!!

I hope Adil My this post will not irritate you!!!
And for all memebers who emailed me...So here is reply to ALL!!!!
Hope it suffice you pplz...
ALL THE BEST!!!

My Golden Tip
=============
Notes are a good thing only if u made them yourself...Donot read anyone notes as they are made from their understanding of subjects..not from your point of view.Each person has his own way of understanding but if u can understand them it is really good omen for you!!!!!

================
About Subjects!!!
===============
English Essay,Current affairs
=========================
Read Dawn newspaper or anyother English newspaper daily and try to form your own opinions regarding any issues..Dont copy the authors view point(if you agree with them jot down your own views in your own words).
Newspaper reading is must as in 2005 all papers included Current affairs so time spent in this activity is beneficial for you.
Another option is read "Contemporary affairs" by Shahid Imtiaz.He has beautifully arranged all the topics and related essays in daily newspapers of pakistan.Second approach would be more beneficial for you if you dont have much time!!!
While reading newspaper..You may come across some difficult word so in order to handle it..I would recommend you to make flash cards and place them with you while you are reading newspaper.Note the word on card and any good ideas on seperate flash card...and if possible keep a good dictionary or be near your PC and by using a good dictionary software as I am using Bablyon or may be using MS word you can write down it meaning..It will take time but it will also improve your vocabulary..

English Comprehension
=====================
O'Level English books and General paper for A'level are really good source..(wish I had learnt that before giving my papers )
I have used Chambers book for idioms

Everyday Science
================
I used Kashmiri book...and using Syllabus outline tried to make notes about them...but I only succeeded in making notes for 3/4 topics It take such a long time but it do increases my knowledge..and I also used O'level books of chemistry,biology and physics) + search for individual topics on google..as I have googled myself..this give far better results.

Pakistan Affairs
==============
My worst prepared subject..Just relied on my old knowledge.So ask any other person abt it

Islamiat
======
If preparing in urdu..Used Khursheed Ahmad Islami Nazria Hayat and in English a book by same author named Islam it meanings and message.Islamiat book for O'level written by Farkhunda Noor is also good

Physics
======
Halliday,Resnick and Krane Vol 1 and 2
My way of studying was read a topic and then write main points on a seprate notebook and also write(I recommend) on book to ensure that what are the keypoints discussed in topic as it will help you go easily in Revision time.

Islamic History
=============
A Short history of Islam By Mazhurl Haq
A short History of Saracens by Syed Ameer Ali (A must read book and I only realised it while preparing for interview)
Plus used Google to get information about Turkey Sultanat-Usmania

Statistics
=========
Used Books used in Bachelors course of statistics in PUNJAB University LAHORE!!!

Computer Science
================
Books used in your Bachelors or Master degree for subjects mentioned in syllabus

=================================
Regarding Time spent to prepare...!!!
=================================
Well it depends on your subjects..
Scientific subjects only need to get you basic idea about them and once you understand you can reporduce them in your own words.
History subjects:You have to get a through reading of subject because you cannot manipulate history to your will as it is past...but you can give your views/opinions about where they went wrong etc...
As i have these two subjects as my optionals...so I spent the early days preparing for unknown subejects to me like Islamic history and side by side an easy subject like I have done stats..
So what I suggest is you have to read newspaper daily,One of news/tough subjects first and in parallel some easy subject/what you may have read before and have good material with you.. Donot overburden you by reading all time..Five time prayers in a day and reading Quran also helps you al lot.It creates a will in you and in the end you succeed..Donot set your aim to read all things...but to get maximum knowledge out of them and forming your own opnions.
Parents prayers also play a key role
If you are doing some sort of job.I'll recommend take a holiday for 2 months at least..cuz after office work..may be you are in mood to study but had to take book anyway just to make that u hv to study..this leave you sleepless and you couldnot study well also..so dont make your body and mind overwork..
=============
About Books!!!
=============
I think just look at the syllabus outline and visit library or may be books in your own home...and see the index and compare them with outline...If they give you material.
It is impossible to buy all the refrence books and most difficult is to read them all...So I suggest..you use your own books that you have used while preparing for your14/16 years of studies.Its really nonsense...buying all the books...but I dont recomend Dogar or any publisher book as so many are using them and they express the same idea in their papers...which leave a bad impressions...So dont follow the trend.
Making your own views and writing in your own style is the key to success and be in touch with ALLAH.He is the one who give you strength to do work.Always rememeber HIM..as HE says..If you remember ME I will sure rememeber you..

Last edited by AaminahAbrar; Friday, February 24, 2006 at 10:01 AM.
The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to AaminahAbrar For This Useful Post:
anam ali (Friday, August 10, 2012), dr.taqi abass (Sunday, January 25, 2009), FAISAL SALEH KHATTAK (Wednesday, September 30, 2015), geefarid (Tuesday, January 18, 2011), imranazeem (Tuesday, October 28, 2014), J R Orakzai (Tuesday, December 18, 2012), jbkhan (Sunday, October 07, 2007), kainateeq (Friday, August 29, 2014), muhammadsaadvirk (Sunday, June 24, 2018), Raat ka musafir (Wednesday, October 29, 2014), Rabiah Nasir (Friday, August 24, 2007), Raheel Mughal (Friday, December 14, 2018), rao saadia (Monday, December 10, 2012), Riaz Ahmed Alizai (Wednesday, May 26, 2010), RJ STYLE (Wednesday, November 27, 2013), salmanubaid (Thursday, June 05, 2014), Shafi Edwardian (Saturday, August 22, 2015), Shoaib Basra (Sunday, January 06, 2013), sunny volcano (Saturday, April 12, 2014), syeda naqvi (Sunday, February 05, 2012), wakeelmeer (Wednesday, July 15, 2015), Zoyee (Wednesday, June 10, 2009)